Year In Review - 2013

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Get Busy Living - Your Year in Review
2013

10 greatest things that happened in the past year 

1. Bought a house


2. Got a dog

3. Began Healthy Eating
4. Celebrated our first Halloween in our new home with our friends and neighbors.




5. Celebrated Heather's 21st Birthday at a comedy club

6. Bought and wore this ridiculous hat (because it made me laugh) at our first Cards Against Humanity night with friends.





















7. Learned to smile again.

8. Games nights with Meghan

9. Potty Trained Meghan...Seriously.

10. Celebrated our first Christmas in our home

I am most proud of these three accomplishments from the last year
1. Taking charge of my health and relying less on medications to get me through.
2. Learning to say no and to put myself first. 
3. Learning that's it ok to laugh

Three Great Lessons I've learned from last year
1. Love only dies if you let it.
2. Happiness doesn't belittle the pain, it just makes it easier to cope.
3. Good health is something you fight for, not something you're given. 

Three personal developments I have made in the past year are:
1. Getting off of multiple medications 
2. Feeling safe within my own home
3. Becoming more independent 

If I could do things again last year, I would do these three things differently:
1. Drink more water!
2. Not beat myself up so much
3. Speak up and stand up for myself more.

Three things I need to do less of in the next year are:1. Eat out
2. Waste
3. Put myself down

Three things I need to do more of in the next year are:
1. Make my health a priority.
2. Find ways to spend more quality time with my family.
3. Accept that everyone makes mistakes...even me.

Three things I need to stop completely during the next year are:
1. Allowing myself to become dehydrated.
2. Forgetting to take time for myself.
3. Putting my health last.

Three reasons I didn't achieve my goals last year are:
1. Health problems.
2. Self esteem.
3. Making excuses.

Three goals I want to achieve this next year are:
1. Med free 2014!
2. Continue to lose weight.
3. Read 50 books (34% there!).

Three reasons why I want to achieve these goals are:
1. My health is important.
2. My self esteem is unfortunately affected by my weight. 
3. Personal time and books are important to me. 

Smartest Decision I made last year:
Putting my health first.

Biggest Risk I took last year:
Beginning to get off of my medications

One sentence that sums up this past year:
My health does not define me.

One year from right now, I want my ideal day to look like this:
Energy to get through my days, freedom to laugh and smile, confidence in myself...and shopping sprees for smaller clothes. :D

*This was a therapy assignment. If you are interested in doing this work sheet for yourself, you can find it here.





0 comments:

 
Healing Graces - by Templates para novo blogger